A measure of commitment to personal development from both Whitefriars and our colleagues is in the achievement of skills and learning leading to qualifications at all levels in the organisation.
In 2008 we ran a number of NVQ programmes throughout the business. For example:
- Over 130 colleagues have gone through our Coaching Programme which also enables them to apply for a Level 5 qualification with the Chartered Management Institute on completion of a short assignment. We have another 130 colleagues scheduled to attend this
- 20 employees have received Cleaning Science NVQs at level 1 and 2
- 24 members of our response team working in neighbourhoods have completed NVQ’s at level 2 in Providing Security Services and BTEC in Security Operations at level 2
- 17 employees have completed Business Administration NVQ’s at level 2
- a further 39 employees have signed up to NVQ and adult apprenticeship programmes in skills such as Accounting at levels 2 to 4, Management NVQ at level 3, Cleaning Science at levels 1 and 2, and Business Administration at levels 2 and 3
- 21 employees have gone onto complete a BTEC level 4 in Leading and Managing Change as a consequence of our internal development programme in this area.